Monday, November 7, 2011

home stretch

Bare with me, because this is the last week of swimming I am forecasting a lot of blogs coming up will be on the sport. :)

Two more practices. After five years of being a part of the Champlin Park Girls' Swim Team, I will only enter the Jackson pool two more times. And only one last section meet. I have been thinking about this final week ever since I can remember being on the team. It's always seemed so distant, something I never thought that I would actually get to. This is the time of the season that I desperately wish swimming was over. Seeing all of my other friends done with their sports long before I am even thinking about varsity sections. I have been in the pool six times a week since the beginning of August. That's about twenty hours each week in that pool. So many swim meets, practices, and pasta parties. Although I am still faithfully waiting for Friday, the first day I will get to go home right after school, a little sense of sadness is beginning to come over me. And definitely a lot of reminiscing. The girls in my lane are who I've grown up with... there are so many memories I know I am forgetting,  but so many that I will carry with me. I'm just hoping with this last week, we can really turn it into something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment