Sunday, November 13, 2011

vacations.

The last real vacation I went on was in eighth grade. My family went to Mexico, and it was over both Easter and my birthday. Everything was so warm there, compared to now (I'm wearing layers upon layers of clothes and I can still feel the chill creeping in). I went parasailing in Mexico, and was suspended high in the air above the Pacific Ocean below me. The world seemed so huge in that moment, and I had felt so small.

Before Mexico, the next nearest vacation was Disney World. I was in third grade. I still remember the 'scary' rides that just my dad and I would go on, leaving my mom and younger sister to the baby rides. I remember all of the signatures we got of those people dressed up like all of the characters. (Sidenote: in my opinion, that would be THE worst job.)

Apart from that, we've gone to other places in Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I traveled to Las Vegas when I was in kindergarten for my uncle Mike's wedding, and the first time that I went on a plane was to Arizona, I was just a one year old. My family has never exactly been world travelers. That's maybe why I am so passionate about seeing the world and even just the rest of the United States in the future. My dream is to be able to bring my parents to wherever they want. They deserve a vacation, and someday I want to be the one that gives it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment