Thursday, October 13, 2011

fishies

My parents have never been people to let my sister and I to have pets. To them animals are expensive, messy. For senior night, during our last swim meet the juniors gave us gifts like I mentioned. Part of that gift was eight goldfish. I was excited! Then I quickly realized that the eight fish look claustrophobic in their minuscule tank. I raced home in search of something larger; scrambling though my kitchen cupboards and searching the basement as well I looked for anything that the fish could call home for a little bit before I could find them a proper tank. I settled on a lime green bowl that was ginormous compared to the cage they had been swimming around in since Saturday. I fed them, probably over-fed them... thinking that extra food would make up for the fact that I hadn't been able to find a proper fish tank. I went to bed praying that the eight little fishes would still be there when I woke up the next morning. By the next evening my fishes had been transported into two identical bowls, four in one and I am sad to report that the smallest orange fish had to be flushed down the toilet. (Me being the one that gets attached to things too quickly, I cried). I do love that I have some little fishes to take care of. My next project is to think of names!

No comments:

Post a Comment