Monday, October 10, 2011

mondays

Most people consider Mondays the worst day of the week, and today I have to agree with those people. Whenever I wake up and feel like I need a nap is when I know it's going to be a bad day. I woke up, the sky was dark. Never a good sign. The glowing blue numbers that read 5:59 AM were the only light in the room, and it was still harsh on my sleepy eyes. I pulled the blanket off of me, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. The cool air hit my bare feet and I quivered, wanting to snuggle under the warm covers. I shuffled my way over to the light switch on the wall. The final step I took before flipping the switch, I tripped over my Under Armor backpack landing painfully on the carpeted floor. I glanced again at the clock, 6:00 AM. One minute into the first day of the week and already managed to fall on my face. Not a great way to start off the day.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like me every morning! I also love the descriptions, it made it really easy to visualize your mood and actions! Good job!

    ReplyDelete