Thursday, October 27, 2011

the office. lost. mad men.

The DVR on my television is always stocked with the week's newest episodes of my favorite television shows. I don't have time to watch during the week, weekends at my house are always for playing catch up. 

My family started watching The Office when I was in fifth grade; we were all instantly hooked. I love the wit and jokes embedded in every second of the half hour long sitcom. My favorite character by far is Michael Scott played by Steve Carell. I was so upset when he left the show last season and I remember nearly tearing up on his last episode. Jim Halpert, however, I remember being one of my first crushes. 

I took both psychology I and II last year and at the beginning of psych II, Mrs. Weise had us watch the pilot episode of Lost. I remember over the years hearing Emma, my best friend, talk about how amazing it was, but I never took the time to watch it. After seeing it in class, it became my newest obsession. That same week was my seventeenth birthday and my mom bought me the first season because I was stuck at home sick. Snuggled up, watching a new show that I loved almost made being sick on my birthday worth it.  

My  family got Netflix over the summer and I had always heard great things about the show Mad Men; it was always winning prestigious awards... After starting the first episode about the drama set in a decade well before I was born, I was entranced. Seeing how things were in the past come to life on the screen made me want to keep watching. Also, Don Draper is one of my favorite television characters of all time. I can't wait until new episodes start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment