Saturday, September 17, 2011

autumn weather

A mere few weeks ago, the heat was pounding down on the pavement. The summer was filled with no homework and record-breaking hot temperatures. And then bam! Fall. Walking into school last week, I could hear the murmurs of complaints about the chill in the air. Me on the other hand, I was smiling. The sound of the breeze in the trees and the refreshing air I would feel in my lungs with every inhale, these things were my favorite. Autumn is the best season of the year, I picture the leaves changing soon. The vibrant oranges, reds and yellows. How they slowly fall and flutter around the ground, and bluster in the wind. I imagine the young kids that will stop by my house on Halloween, dressed in costumes. A young boy in a Superman costume and a little girl dressed as her favorite Disney princess. I will hand them candy, and see their smiling faces beam up at me. Then they will disappear into the night, the only lights coming from the glowing pumpkins that were carved earlier that day. I await that night that will be here in a little over a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment