Tuesday, September 20, 2011

sick days.

The clock glowed the time, 6:01 AM. I have never needed an alarm clock. My body would wake its self up at the same time each morning, and I have never overslept. This morning when I woke up, I still felt tired. No, more than that, my body felt like it had been drained of all energy, despite having been asleep for hours. I took another minute to find the strength to pull myself out of bed. Last night before falling asleep, I had been excited about the following day. Today. I even had my outfit that I was planning on wearing lying on the floor next to me. I stood up in my room, and turned the light on. My eyes blinked several times while trying to adjust to the brighter lighting. I took a deep breath, or rather tried to. My throat and nose seemed to be closed, making it near impossible to get a full breath. I had that weak body feeling that everyone gets when there sick, and one of my ears was ringing. I trudged my way to my parent's bedroom, just like any other morning. The news was turned on the television, and my mom was getting ready for work. I sat crosslegged on the foot of their bed and she turned around and commented something that I couldn't hear. The next thing she said to me sounded like, "go back to bed." And I definitely didn't need to be told twice. I collapsed onto my bed, thinking hour by hour of what I would miss today, I didn't make it past 2nd period before I said goodnight to the world once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment