Friday, September 23, 2011

slippery when wet.

Last night was our third dual swim meet. The new swimmers are becoming used to the rules and how everything works; there's no more mad rushes to get people to their races.

After diving, our team was getting ready for the second half of the meet. Lexi, one of our best swimmers on the team, was walking to check the line-up when she began to slip on the pool deck. I was standing behind her, and quickly grabbed her holding her up. She was screaming in pain and I noticed that her knee wasn't where it was supposed to be. It had been dislocated. You know when there's a scary situation, or something is going terribly wrong and it feels like it's moving in slow motion? That's how it was. I saw Lexi push her knee back into place and she then fell again, but arms still holding her, brought her to the ground slowly. I kept her head from splitting on the wet cold tiled flooring, just call me a lifesaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment