Friday, September 16, 2011

weekend to-do.

It's Friday; the last day of school for the week. The weekend is in sight and most students are anticipating time to relax. I am counting all the things I have to do. After school for me will consist of a three hour swim practice. I was planning on going to the football game, but going with your hair wet and when you're this tired doesn't seem like the best fan to have in the bleachers. Instead I will get at least a few hours to myself, time to relax. Eat dinner and watch all of the shows that I had to record during the week. But I'd feel guilty relaxing that much when there is so much to do, so I'm sure I will be completing my economics work and studying for the test we have next week.
Saturday, the perfect opportunity to sleep in... not. I will be waking up at 7 am to once again swim at practice. And even though going back to sleep once that is over seems like a great idea, that won't work either. At noon I have my senior pictures until three. Then finally, finally I will be free for the night! To write my speech on leadership that I will be reading at the National Honor Society induction ceremony on Wednesday. Total party girl right here.

Sunday, I will get to sleep in at least until nine. Then perhaps work on more homework and get ready for work. I work from noon until close; the shift is longer than a school day. I will serve wealthy golfers, the cutest grandmothers in their pastel colored Polo's and plaid printed visors. Standing for eight hours will make my feet kill, but I will still smile.

Now that I am thinking about everything that I need to do this weekend, I'm wishing there was an eigth day of the week. One with nothing to do, but what I want---curl up under the covers and sleep the day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment